This week's Geek of the Week is a day late...but that's okay! Lately, we've been working on the house, trying to make it more homey and have more things around that make us smile. That's why I picked Etsy seller KnobCreekMetalArts this week. I can totally see these on our bookshelves in the living room!
WARNING: By writing this post, I am fully admitting how much of a geeky gamer girl I am.
Remember when you were a kid and it snowed. It was probably the best day of the year. No school, plus you get to don all these water-proof layers of clothes, roll around on the ground, throw snowballs at your siblings, and ride a slippery sled down a really steep hill.
I REALLY miss those days. Now... I am just ready for it to be all over.
Since Friday January 7th, it has snowed about three different times and has accumulated about 10-12 inches of fluffy white beautiful snow. I have only been to work ONCE since then, and my car hasn't moved in a week.
I have been a giant slob of a human being, not being at all productive, and playing too many hours of video games to admit.
Plants vs. Zombies... on the iPad. Check it out here. Just go ahead and play. I blame World of Warcraft for my addiction. They snuck in a teaser version of this game as one of their quests. I think Blizzard and PopCap are working together. :)
While playing, E and I watched all 3 Lord of the Rings movies, the 3 original Star Wars movies, Rugrats, Spongebob, and Top Chef. Plus! We finally watched Howl's Moving Castle...which was amazing! Based on the book by the same name.
Okay...so we are switching this to every Sunday, but this weeks Geek of the Week is Etsy seller, sewZinski with this most awesomest headband. At first glance, I thought it was a Harry Potter reference, but then when I looked closer and saw that is a Super Hero Lightning Bolt, I was hooked!
Yes! Among all other things I do, I am also in the process of renovating my house. We bought the house in June 2009 and have been slowly upgrading little things here and there. It's a small cottage, only about 850 square feet, in West Asheville. So I give you the kitchen! About 85% done!
Wall Art from Patty Bilbro
Check out Patty Bilbro's amazing work on her website here. If you love pottery, then you'll love her.
1. Blog more! This, of course includes posting more updates, but also commenting on lots of other blogs as well! :)
2. Take more photos. :( Didn't take a single one today. Going to blame it on the rain.
3. Use the stuff I have. No, I'm not talking about fabric or UFOs (Unfinished Objects), but more along the line of the amazing tools I have access to! My wonderful Bernina and all of it's embroidery features, my serger, and embroidery software!
4. No soda or sweet tea. The lack of sweet tea might actually kill me! I did this once in High School where I stuck just to water and milk, but now I'm adding coffee and hot teas to the list.
5 Year Journal!
5. Keeping a food journal. If you don't know me personally you may not know that I'm allergic to a variety of things, and every once in a while I'll eat something at a restaurant and later end up being sick as a dog. Hopefully, this list will give me some idea of what to stay away from.
6. Keeping a 5 year journal. Yesterday I purchased a year journal from an Etsy seller, J.J. Boyles. Vist her Etsy shop here and brace yourself for some drooling. So for 5 year journaling, you take a year long journal and write brief statements about what you do each day. That way, when you pick the same page the next year, you know what you were really thinking/doing the year before. Thanks to Gwen @ Crow's Eye Studio for lending me the idea. I can't wait to get the journal and start!
I think I need this shirt.
7. Be more of a geek. Being a geek is great, but being a geek quilter is even better. This year I'm going to embrace my nerdy-ness more and make more things that make me really happy. And, of course, admit more of a geeky side. Yes, I do play video games, yes I do wear glasses, yes I do read sci-fi books...and....well you get the point.